As you know, Lapeer Manufacturing toggle action clamps can be used in many fields. One of those fields is welding. In production welding there is generally a fixture using clamps to improve quality and reduce production time. With a proper toggle clamp it can make your welding project much easier. Toggle action clamps can help construct a welding fixture.
A welding jig or fixture is a piece of equipment containing several parts that form a weldment in such a way, that it keeps a fixed dimensional relationship among the different parts. Welding fixtures need to full fill certain requirements such as:
- To accommodate each part in its proper place.
- A welding jig or fixture has to be designed in light of its accuracy, durability, number of weldments to be made, etc.
- A fixture has to’be a good conductor of electricity and provide good grounding.
- A fixture must have enough tolerance to take care of different deviations and dimensions of rolled steel parts or steel castings which usually do not come with the same tolerance.
- Where components are jig drilled or machined for other purposes, advantages should be taken of the holes and faces for positioning in the welding jig. Fitted pegs and machined stops can often take the place of more complex fitting.
Weld Fixture Clamps
If you would like to learn more about how our clamps are used as weld fixture clamps, please view this segment of our Tech Report covering Toggle Action Clamps in the Welding Field. Toggle action clamps have many applications, and Lapeer Manufacturing offers an extensive selection to choose from, if you would like to learn more about toggle action clamps and their applications, view the full Tech Report.